Friday, April 26, 2019

Coming back in 2019 as a 22 yr old Carol

Tonight, I am living 22nd yr of my life and there are a lot of changes compare to the 18 yr old girl I was before. I am doing art right now, in the arts industry, going to take my top up one year Bachelor's in Arts Management in NAFA, Singapore. Nope, I did not take a law degree, but would like to if I was given a chance.

I realised that how hard it is to be an adult. How selfish it is to be yourself and let others go through the consequences of you being yourself. I was being upset at my mom for comparing herself to me because my dad was treating me better. Until I complained to my brother about it and my brother asked:
                        "but didn't you realised that mom is the most pitiful among four of us?"
That really struck me. I was reminded her sacrifices she made for me and Jack, for a better education. I was reminded that she had to be patient over my father's ego. I was reminded that she kept quite although she was misunderstood. I was reminded that she loves me. I was reminded that she hasn't been getting enough love. I was reminded that she may be tired of giving love and getting any return from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment